Please note that the application period for the 2021 fellowship – and therefore the fellowship period – has shifted. The application period for the 2021 fellowship runs from the 15th of February to the 15th of March 2021.
The online application requires:
- Letter of motivation (max. 1000 characters incl. blanks in English)
- A brief statement on the planned fellowship (max. 500 characters incl. blanks in English)
- CV in tabular form (max. 1000 characters incl. blanks in English) and a portrait
- Information on the intended time period and duration of the fellowship
- Letter of intent by the cooperation partner (e.g. an ensemble, a renowned person or institution from the field of dance or choreography, in English)
- 1 video (length max. 5 min)
Please note that the video material must be made available online, e.g. via a password-protected upload in a video portal. In the application form you can provide respective links and, if necessary, passwords. For technical reasons, please do not submit videos via WeTransfer, YouTube or Dailymotion. Videos whose links do not work can not be considered.
This year’s fellows will be selected by an international jury consisting of Madhusree Dutta, Nora Chipaumire and Ruth Mackenzie.
The decision will be announced following the jury meeting, which will take placed shortly after the end of the application period. The jury’s decision is final and incontestable.
Learn more about this year‘s jury
KICK-OFF AND CLOSING
Usually, the selected fellows take part in an introductory week in Wuppertal at the beginning of their fellowship. In the following year, they return to Wuppertal to present their experiences in individual formats and thereby officially conclude their fellowship.
For the 2021 fellowship a virtual kick-off will take place in the second half of 2021. Information on the scope of the digital format will be provided with the announcement of the grant holders.
Do you have questions?
Please take a look at our FAQ or contact us.